Thursday, June 11

waterlily











it was sunday i was in porland maine to meet up with k who was working. portland was celebrating it's old port festival. a big festival with foods from around the world, half a dozen music stages, artist of all kinds. I had arrived midday, tempature was hotter then expected dogs in tow and a crowd bigger then i could have imagined. I was tuckered before i even started. Somehow i regrouped listened to music, walked along the cobblestone streets and peeked threw many of Portland's finest shops but then i came across water lily. before i knew it my whole body was pareusing this gorgeous shop. I was in aw of how well the shop was put together, the colors, the furniture in which the beautiful textiles were housed had me spell bound. i started taking pictures and talking to the owner rene who was as lovely as her shop. everything hand picked and ethically made and bought by rene herself who travels to thailand, combodia, india... Rene describes on waterlily web site how while on her first visit to the hills she learned how the color indigo was made, pounded out of leaves till it becomes the perfect shade. It is evident in everything in her shop from local handmade to her vintage red shoes( i know) she loves what she does and that is a great thing for us. my only regret is i did not put my camera down and purchase extremely reasonable priced scarf or two.

9 comments:

Laurel said...

I LOVE this shop! I went online to view the wres= the variety of lanterns is wonderful- I will for sure be purchasing some for my summer yard. Thanks Nadia!

in another lifetime said...

So charming!!!

I know nothing about owning a shop but would love to travel the world in search of treasures to bring back and display.

corine said...

Wow, they must pay you for those pictures!

Mandarine D'Italie said...

I am so glad that u posted about this shop, it's so inspirational and I love everything on sale...and of couse your photos are so so lovely!!

liza said...

The photos are fantastic. What a beautiful shop. Thank you so much for sharing!

Katie said...

beautiful stuff. It's lucky to have someone like you capture it so well.

Amanda Nicole said...

LOVE the scarves. What a unique and gorgeous shop!

Lobster and swan said...

a beautiful sea of colour.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

these photos are gorgeous! it seems like you might be kindred souls with rene...you are really living life nadia!